Monday, November 1, 2010

Parokya Ni Edgar Middle-Aged Juvenile Novelty Pop Rockers

One of the most favorite band in the Philippines music industry "Parokya Ni Edgar" had already released there newest album  Middle-Aged Juvenile Novelty Pop Rockers. The songs on these album shows how the band had grown up maturely as an artists but still remains comedic in their style of writing and arranging songs.

First here in my review is the song "Lolo Bye", I don't know what to do while listening on this song, should I sleep or bang until the end of the song. It was like listening a lullaby in a twist of rock.

The song "Ok Lang Ako" says what love can really do. It's about being faithful to an unfaithful, sacrificing for the sake of love and loving unconditionally. It's a tragic song that conveys a message that its better to be hurt sometimes than being sad for the whole life. Its shows the other side of being a Parokya Ni Edgar.

The song "One Hit Combo" featuring Gloc 9 is a tribute song for the artists who inspired the band on their starting days like Eraserheads and Francis M. Its a nice combination of a band and a rap artists. Its not hard to listen because its guitar driven.

The song "Orange" was my favorite on this album, its shows how artistic are the Parokya Ni Edgar members was, writing a song just all about an Orange fruit. It always reminds us that how small a thing is, it could still have a very nice story to be sung. I like its tune and hoe the way it was arranged.

"Original Song" tells how nice being in a band. It's really a Parokya Ni Edgar style with a little twist of Apo Hiking Societies' San Na Nga Ba Ang Barkada. It's a practical song for a band member who just want to rock n' roll for his entire life.

The song "Pakiusap Lang (Lasingin Nyo Ako) tells a story of a lover who just want to have a good time with his friends to forget his heartaches.

The song "Pangarap Lang Kita" tells a classic story, like movies, a poor boy being in love with a rich girl and a girl who can't express her feelings to a boy. This song could really happen in a real life that's why I'm sure many of its listeners could relate on this song, It also includes Korean lyrics on the song that maybe Korean lovers out there will sure want to check out. Hope they could relate on it too.

The song "Red Pants" reminds me of "The Beatles" and "The Platters". It's like listening to an old song. I like the way it was included on this wacky album (although the song was really wacky too). Maybe my parents would like it too. All I understand on this song is that "Red pants are not so good to look at" Lols. Good thing is I'm not really wearing red pants at all.

The song "Reunion (Panahon Ng Kasiyahan)" is like the later Parokya Ni Edgar rendering a song for a Fast Food jingle. Although its new lyrics is nice, I still like the original lyrics.

And last but not the least, the song "Walong Baso", I thought it's a song like "Tama Na Yan Inuman Na" but I was wrong. It's a nice song that tells us that it is important to drink 8 glasses of water a day. Maybe my little siblings should listen in this song. Maybe I should drink 8 glasses of water too to prevent sickness.
All in all, I could say that the album was good, I like the style, the band still remains as being a Parokya Ni Edgar as time goes by. Kudus Parokya Ni Edgar.

3 comments:

Marion said...

hey dude, maybe you want to trade links with me?
my site's located at http://moshpitfall.blogspot.com/
you may contact me here: marionantero1@gmail.com

Start Business in Delhi said...

Hi, Really great effort. Everyone must read this article. Thanks for sharing.

App Development Company said...

Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blogroll: Buri Products | Antequeranian | Sexylebrities | Johnreil Lymar J. Barace