Friday, February 5, 2010

Lady Gaga Working On Haiti Charity Projects


Lady Gaga is working on charity projects for Haiti.

The 'Bad Romance’ hitmaker admitted she couldn’t take part on charity single 'We Are The World’ and instead was doing her own thing and is pleased with her endeavours so far.

She said: 'I’ve been working on my own charity projects for Haiti.

'We’ve raised over half a million dollars for Haiti already and we like to work specifically with charities that are based in Haiti itself.

'I donated all of the proceeds from one show worth of ticket sales as well as all of the merchandise from that show and for 24 hours we had a 'Gaga for Haiti’ day where everything that was bought on the website, every dollar went to Haiti.'

The 23-year-old singer, who is currently in the middle of her 'Monster’s Ball’ world tour, claimed to be too busy to appear at the recording of 'We Are The World’, alongside stars including Justin Timberlake, Jay-Z and Beyonce Knowles, despite speculation she had recorded vocals for the charity track.

She told US TV show 'Access Hollywood’: 'I’ve actually been in rehearsal for my new tour, but I was never supposed to do 'We Are The World.’ So that’s a rumour. I believe that they may have asked, yes, about it, but I was unable to do it.'

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Blogroll: Buri Products | Antequeranian | Sexylebrities | Johnreil Lymar J. Barace